SCOPE Solutions, is currently looking for a java developer to form part of our team on a full-time basis. The candidate will be working on a number of interesting projects ranging from mobile apps to an in-house developed SaaS application.
Assignments carried out will involve integration to local government systems, development of new functionality and general improvements to existing platforms. The majority of projects will be JAVA/MySQL oriented and offer the latest in cutting-edge architecture including SOA and micro-services. Systems are hosted on the Azure and MITA platforms.
If you love technology, this is a unique opportunity to experience an innovative approach to coding!
Personal qualities & experience:
- Demonstrable, strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to propose solutions aligned with project overall strategies.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in IT projects.
- Be responsible and able to work proactively and in a team, as well as have a high capacity of time-management skills.
- Familiarisation with PRINCE2 methodology will be considered an asset.
Desired technical competencies:
- Experience with AJAX, HIBERNATE and SPRING MVC
- Notions of Linux, mySQL, Tomcat, webservices, JBoss ESB, BPM, Drools, Python, Perl, as well as .NET environment and MS SQL
- Some experience on reporting through API and B.I. would also be considered an asset
Why Choose Scope?
- The post carries an attractive package, based on both experience and quality of work.
- Brand new offices located in the Life Sciences Park in San Gwann with ample parking space for staff.
- Working with a team of highly experienced developers.
- Flexibile working hours and possibility to work from home. Our focus is around the quality of deliverables.
- Fantastic office atmosphere ... feel free to ask around!
- Opportunity to read for an MSc in IT with the University of Malta.
If you are interested, let us get together for an informal chat. Please feel free to drop us a note, together with a CV on [email protected] by no later than end of June.