We would like to thank you for visiting scope.com.mt
We are committed to protecting our visitors' privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. Any personal information you communicate to us is kept within scope.com.mt itself in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2001 of the Laws of Malta as well as the EU Data Protection Directive (EU/46/95) .
2.0 The Data Protection Act 2001
The Data Protection Act 2001 was enacted on the 14 December 2001 and came fully into force on the 15 July 2003. We therefore have a legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you and we will abide by such duty. We take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorised access and we do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor or registered user, to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so.
3.0 Information Collected
As a client, we collect your information when you fill in the contact form. We use the personal information submitted in the form only to respond to your message. This personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and will be removed once you are satisified with the answers/feedback provided.
If you read or download information from our site, we automatically collect and store the following non-personal information:
• The requested web page or download;
• Whether the request was successful or not;
• The date and time when you accessed the site;
• The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
• The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
Please note that this information is strictly for the sole use of scope.com.mt and it is not shared, leased, or sold in any manner to any other organisation.
4.0 Links to other Web Sites
5.0 Access to your information
You may request us at any time what information is effectively held on you if any, at that particular time. You have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected and where applicable erased, if they are not already removed.
To make sure that you can control your personal information, scope.com.mt allows clients to:
• view the personal information available (on request);
• amend or remove any personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant or out-of-date;
• choose to stop using our services and have any personal information removed, if such deletion is permissible by law and/or will not prejudice scope.com.mt's position at law.
scope.com.mt has various security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. We have built our system with your privacy in mind even during the initial system design stage. scope.com.mt employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services must comply with strict security rules. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Last modified: 6th October 2013